Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cocktail Time

What was scheduled to come to an end at month six was delayed until just this week... and now Sydnie is officially a formula baby - sayonara to boobmilk. Originally I continued to persist due to my initial shock when I found out how expensive formula was going to be (yes its true that decision had nothing to do with her health!) but as the days passed my milk supply became lower and lower. Technically I guess that is the best way to wean your child. I know the high producing moms will have to still go through a week of engorged pain but for me I think I literally extracted the absolute last drop out of me. So when I could finally could get nothing more out and the reality sinked in that this was really it, I was quite sad. More so because it wasn't where I had pre-determined the "last" day but my body determined that for me without consulting! It really felt like I had experienced a sudden loss in my life!
Well I am quite amazed though that for someone who wanted to breastfeed for only three months and after all the nasty early days I struggled through we made it this far. Pat on the back for me =) haha
As we also offically mark Sydnie's eighth month I'm also on my own time table to get back into my old clothes again! I'm not sure how my metabolism will change without breastfeeding but I can tell you it sure didn't do me wonders like it does some moms! When Sydnie first came I had noted if it took me nine months to get this way, I should give myself nine months to get back - well then that gives me ONE MORE MONTH!!! I guess technically its 9 1/2 months so I have a little more time. But anyway, I am on a major mission now. Two pounds a week! That isn't too ambitious right?!?! I do feel it is important for me to start making this effort. I don't feel good heavier and every picture I see of myself my face looks like a full moon or pancake! And my knees still hurt going up and down stairs! And I now have cellulite on my calves!!!

5 comments:

Hun said...

why are the pics so dark?

Anonymous said...

i can't believe Sydnie is 8 months already! wow...

But seriously, I am so wow-ed by your endurance to press on to breastfeed after all that you went thru. girl, you deserve a HUGE pat on the back! ;)

BanglePark said...

Ask the eemoh about "GM diet". My friend lost 7 lbs in 7 days. so in the 5-6 weeks you have left, that's like 40 lbs you can lose - not that you need to or should of coure! :)

Anonymous said...

The Flat Belly Diet Girl - order it online. I think I got it from prevention.com - I lost 5 lbs in one week! It was crazy!! Yeah, the getting pregnant thing made my metabolism for down the drain! I eat less and work out more to still barely sqeeze into my jeans!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

oh i actually learned about that diet in class. it's based on the mediterranean diet which allows u to eat fish, fruit, veggies, whole grains and unsaturated fats.