Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Separation Anxiety

Steve and I celebrated our wedding anniversary by taking a trip to Vegas... without Sydnie. Having originally made reservations when she was really young we thought by the time our anniversary came around Sydnie would have acclimated to being with my mom or sister and we would appreciate some quality time of our own. Well, I have to say as anxious as my mom was for us to return to be relieved of a hysterical Sydnie, we both could not wait for that plane to land so we could rush home and be back to being us three again.
I definitely do think it is necessary for parents to have their own time together but I don't think we'll be planning another multiple day excursion away from Sydnie anytime soon.
Isn't it funny how Sydnie has been with us for such a short time and with each passing day I become just as dependent on her as she is on us! Just as I can't imagine life without Steve, now a day without Sydnie also feels incomplete. Maybe if separation was out of necessity it would be different but we felt selfish to be going somewhere to have fun without her while she was alone and confused at home! Sorry Sydnie! I probably missed you more than you missed us but promise we'll limit our mom & dad times to bowling and movie nights instead!
On a side note, all you Vegas lovers, I honestly just can't relate. I hadn't been in six years so I was really excited about the trip but the majority of the time my eyes and nose were burning, which kept me away from the paigow table! I guess no more $4.99 prime rib buffets for me!

Sydnie started sitting up on her own recently. This video looks scripted with her final pose!

3 comments:

BanglePark said...

I think you passed the gambling genes to mandu then cuz that girl loves it - BINGO! :)

Anonymous said...

aww.. i cant believe she is already siting up! wow. :)

as for you and Steve taking the time to spend with e/other i think it was a great idea but i now can see why parents have such a hard time being separated with their child/kids. I guess God is truly molding us into our new found life stage as parents but even our molding our desires to reflect that stage. So amazing how our hearts can change like that (esp. for ppl like me who treasure my time with my hubby). :)

Anonymous said...

YES! you were selfish. Pobrecita...and where did you find the $4.99 prime rib in Vegas?