Monday, April 21, 2008

Two Kids

We now have two children: Steve's 13 year old and our 10 week old... well technically 13 dog years. The inlaws are in Korea until next Monday so Yooree, Steve's dog, has been with us since last week. She's typically calm, but also suffers from random yet severe anxiety. It usually is triggered by fireworks or thunder and as a result a few doors and rugs became sad casualties. But she's fine as long as she's not alone... So going out now means packing up the WHOLE family!
So a friend sent me an article about a mom that makes $$$ through her blog via advertising. It sounds like a great idea but I empathize with her struggles (i.e., invasion of privacy, writers block, sensitivity to negative comments, etc...) Plus I don't think the few visitors I have to this blog would generate that much ad revenue! For now I enjoy sharing our lives with whoever comes to visit our site but I figure eventually my updates will be less frequent as Sydnie acclimates to everyday life and she becomes boring like all of us! haha But it does continually have me thinking about my perfect stay at home job. I think I might actually have something brewing in my head!


Sydnie and her pointer finger





Well, I've heard many complain about the pain from breastfeeding, but that only scratches the surface of breastfeeding woes for me. Here is a list of my "breastfeeding blues":
1. dry skin: not sure breastfeeding is really the cause but my hands and face feel like I washed them with clorox!
2. clogged ducts: you've heard enough about these, but they completely drain me - it takes minimum 12 hours to clear one of these
3. milk blisters: blister on your nipple - popping a pimple has nothing on these unless you pop your pimples with needles!
4. food limitations: I love SPICY food and the one day Sydnie would not stop crying was the day I had a spicy noodle dish so now I'm not willing to risk our sanity by eating spicy food again. Also lately all everyone talks about is that coffee drink from McD's! Steve's obsessed with them. Well I fear Sydnie might be sensitive to caffiene so I won't even let myself drink that either! Very sad...
5. birth control: apparently breastfeeding being natural birth control is a misconception so that's one more pill I'll have to take!
6. sagging: well I knew this was inevitable. It hasn't started sagging... yet! right now its reached a triangular stage =)
I can go on and on! But with all that said I'll gladly go through this knowing that she is thriving and healthy. She never looks more beautiful to me than when she is peacefully eating or pounding on my chest with her fisted hand. And I am continually amazed at God's perfect workmanship in allowing our bodies to produce nourishment for our children while bonding with them. I only hope I can be more successful with pumping so when I do go back to work I can continue being her food source! Speaking of pumping, I've become so absent minded these days, I was pumping the other day and forgot to attach the bottles to the pump parts so I was spewing milk all over my pajamas!!! All that good milk gone to waste!!!

I love these two pics of her! Power to the people! hee hee

No comments: